Chili Con Carne Tex Mex CasseroleJanuary 16, 2020
Mexican Skillet Casserole TacosJanuary 23, 2020
Who needs the traditional 7-layer dip when you can have 10 layers of delicious TacoMex dip? That’s what we thought too! Try out this loaded dip the next time you have to bring an appetizer to a party or for the big game day!
Makes one 8×8 pan
- 1 15-oz. can refried beans
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 cup of red salsa or pico de gallo
- 2 mashed avocados
- 3 teaspoons of lime juice, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 4 thinly sliced green onions mixed with ½ cup sliced, canned jalapeños
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- Serve with ZestyMex or FiestaMex chips
- Heat refried beans on the stove.
- In a saute pan, cook ground beef until browned. Add taco seasoning and water, simmer until the water is gone, approximately 4 minutes.
- To assemble the dip, place the refried beans in an even single layer, top with cooked ground beef mixture. Then add an even layer of red salsa on top of the beef.
- In a separate bowl, mash avocados well, adding 2 teaspoons of lime juice. Add this on top of the red salsa.
- Mix sour cream, chili powder and remaining 1 teaspoon of lime juice in a small bowl. Add this on top of the avocado mixture.
- Then add both kinds of cheese. Sprinkle green onions on top, then add the romaine lettuce layer, chopped tomatoes layer and black olives.
- Scoop the dip out with ZestyMex or FiestaMex chips!
This is a guest post written by Anna Gentry:
Anna Gentry is passionate about food, writing and travel. She is the founder of Creative Cow Eats and has spent the last 20 years on a quest to perfect recipes, regularly throwing elaborate dinner parties for friends, family and guests. A Washington State native, Anna spends her time traveling and loves trying adventurous ingredients and foods. You can follow her Instagram for more recipes and inspiration here: @annaelizabethgentry