15 Different Things to Make With Tortillas
Chicken Enchilada Soup
Think outside the box with these creamy, delicious chicken chorizo enchiladas. The sauce is so delicious that your friends and family will lick their plates clean.
Makes one 9×3 pan
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 tsp. Olive oil
½ cup minced onion
1 pound ground chicken
2 fresh chorizo links, casing removed
12 oz. (3 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
½ cup diced fresh roasted green chiles or 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles
¼ cup chopped green onions (garnish)
⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft and translucent, 7-8 minutes.
- Add chicken and chorizo. Cook until done. Approximately 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, chorizo and onion mixture with 2-½ cups of cheese.
- Microwave corn tortillas 3-4 at a time in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until warm and pliable.
- Divide filling among tortillas, roll up each tortilla, transferring seam side down to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until the mixture begins to bubble, then whisk in the chicken broth until thickened. Add sour cream and chiles and heat thoroughly, but do not boil and stir occasionally. Pour the mixture over the enchiladas.
- Bake until heated through, approximately 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese, returning to the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro and paprika.