10 Layer TacoMex Dip
Cod Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa and Lime Crema
Serve this delicious taco filling with TacoMex flour street tacos, rolled into a burrito or atop ZestyMex tortilla chips for a tasty take on nachos.
Serves: 8 (1 cup serving size)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef (preferably 90/10)
- 2-1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- 2 (10 oz.) cans Rotel tomatoes with chopped green chiles
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, swirling to coat the pan.
- Add onion and saute for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; saute for 1 minute.
- Add beef, crumble and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Drain any grease.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Add rice, tomatoes with chiles and beans, cooking 3-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.